Our Mission and Values
The Women’s P2P Network is igniting a movement to connect every woman on earth, including the nearly 700 million of the world’s women who are being left behind because of barriers that overwhelmingly affect women – such as literacy, access, and privacy concerns. We are building a collaborative, global community of technical and professional women, grassroots women, philanthropists, and organizations who are leveraging local technology (such as community radio, gatherings in markets, and voice interfaces for mobile phone messaging) to develop the tools needed to ensure that we all have a seat at the table, and that every woman is counted.
Our Values and Vision
- The Women's P2P Network is founded on the value of equal partnership between women of all diverse backgrounds as the source of our strength.
- We believe that each of us is powerful and necessary, and brings valuable resources to the table.
- We take to heart the adage of “we are all in this together,” and challenge the conventional paradigm that it is acceptable to leave some people behind for progress’ sake.
- We envision a world where women are able to collaborate and organize freely, unencumbered by the barriers of language, literacy, geography, and access.
- Women’s P2P Network is working towards a technology-neutral space where all voices are heard and can be included.
We are committed to:
- Creating a safe space (online and communities) for local and global collaboration, and to technology for good
- Every woman is represented and counted
- Being a healing force for good in the communities we work in
- Removing the barriers that prevent women from connecting with each other
- We are each equal and powerful, with important resources to contribute
- We are stronger when we come together, support one another, and grow together